Monday, January 26, 2009

3 miles

I did it! I ran 3 miles this past Saturday. It was really hard and I hated almost every second of it. But I guess I'll just keep pushing through. My run on Saturday didn't start out too great. I don't think I stretched my calves enough, because shortly after I began running my legs started cramping. I kept running and it wasn't until I hit the last half mile that I had to stop and walk for a few yards. During the last mile, my legs started aching and my lower back was sore. But I expected that. There was an upside to the run, my knee didn't bother me at all. Not even after I ran. I was really relieved about that. So overall, last week was a good week. I hit two milestones, a 2 mile run and a 3 mile run. That for me is huge! I never thought I would ever be capable of running 3 miles straight. Now I'm aiming for 4. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Saturday's run:
Olympic Oval
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 43 mins

1 comment:

  1. I am proud!! Your doing great. I only wish we lived closer so we could do this together!!!

    ReplyDelete