Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm already addicted...

Although I still hate it...I'm already addicted to running. It is the strangest thing to me! I really dislike running, but it seems like if I go more than a day without...I need it. For example, last week I was at the gym and it wasn't a running day for me (I have been alternating days for running). I was planning on doing my cardio on the elliptical, but instead found myself on the treadmill running. And on Saturday, it was a super busy day, but I managed to squeeze in a run before dinner. It was a particularly a hard run for me that day. I only had twenty minutes, so I went for a short run. It was almost dark and extremely cold that night. And to top it off, the air quality was extremely unhealthy that day. But I continued to run. I felt great after, but paid for it the rest of the night by coughing my lungs out. I'm finally starting to believe that maybe I can really do this. I'm still in the very beginning stages, but I am really starting to feel a desire to really push myself. Last week was also a good weight loss week. I lost another 2.3 lbs. I was really disciplined last week and it paid off. I just have to try and keep it up. Here's to another good week!!!

Saturday's run:
Distance: 1.5 miles
Time: 15 mins

1 comment:

  1. I knew you'd get bitten by the running bug! keep up the good work, your doing great!

    Maren'

    ReplyDelete