Monday, May 11, 2009

Eating...Sleeping...Drinking...

...RUNNING!

That's how I am feeling at the moment. I feel like that is all my life revolves around right now besides my boys. That's all I think about, that's the main topic of conversation with anyone I talk to, and most of my dreams are even about running. I would say I dream about the race at least 2-3 times a week. Honestly...I am looking forward to my life revolving around something else. Don't get me wrong, I am loving this journey. Sure it is very difficult and requires a lot of motivation and dedication, but I can't wait until I can run on my own time, how far I want to run, and I won't feel completely guilty if I miss a day. I can't believe the race is in a month!!! I am getting so excited. This last Friday, Jess and I hit 9 miles. It was such a great run! We ended up running around my neighborhood and we ended up doing a 3 mile loop 3 times. I thought it was going to be miserable...but I was wrong. After we finished, we couldn't believe we had been running for almost 2 hours straight! It is insane to think.

For the past couple of weeks I have been having major stomach issues while running. It started worrying me if I would be able to run in the race. My stomach was causing serious issues and I wasn't able to continue running when an episode hit. I finally decided to take medicine for my 9 miler, and it was a miracle worker! I didn't have any issues and it helped me feel more confident in being able to finish the dreaded 13 miles. My confindence is growing as our mileage increases. Having such a great run for 9, really boosted my self esteem. If I can run 9 miles, I'm pretty positive that I can run 13. I can't believe I only have 5 weeks left of training! Woo hoo!

Last week's runs:

Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: 4.5 miles
Friday: 9 miles
Saturday: 3 miles

Weekly Total: 19.5 miles

This week:

Today: 4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment